I get commissions for purchases made through links on this site. Please see Site Policies & Disclosures Tools Tech & DIY: List of Top 5 Best Tools Not Made In China

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

List of Top 5 Best Tools Not Made In China


Everyone likes a good quality tool, but unfortunately, some stores are filled to the brim with tools that aren't even up to the task. Sometimes it can be hard to tell which ones are of decent enough quality for the task ahead. Don't you wish you had the foresight to tell which are going to last? Well, the biggest teller is usually the country it was- or was not- manufactured in.

Below I've listed five tools that I believe are worth a real good look at. These are made by companies that have proven quality through the test of time and are on track to potentially do so for much longer. You'll see tools on this list that are made in the USA, Finland, and Germany. You may even see some tools on here that can serve your trade. I've got tools on here that could be useful for Electricians, Welders, Outdoorsman, and even mechanics. 


1) Wiha- 10 Piece Insulated SoftFinish Cushion Grip Screwdriver Tray Set 






What do I think?

Based in Germany and manufacturing high-quality hand tools, Wiha undoubtedly has a great reputation when it comes to their screwdrivers. Featuring the very comfortable Softfinish cushion grip so your working hands won't slip, plus Individually tested to 10,000 volts AC and rated to 1,000 volts AC for safety and peace of mind- these screwdrivers got it going on. I especially like the labeling on the cap, it makes finding the right size quick and easy, and the bright colors should help you keep track of them with minimal effort. The tips are precision machined so cam out won't be an issue, plus backed by the 'Wiha No-Hassle Guarantee' means you could potentially have a set of these for life. Which is one heck of a deal for such professional-grade tools. I've got a few different screwdrivers by Wiha, they are my absolute favorites by far, and I know I'm not alone, just go take a look at all of the amazing reviews!


Get yours here:





2) Klein- 5 Pc- 1000V Insulated Tool Kit





What do I think?


Known for its popularity with professional electrical workers Klein tools has been delivering quality tools for over 160 years. That experience comes crystal clear, especially when it comes to their pliers. They're so popular in the electrical trades, that they’ve even taken the name of some linesman pliers, being coined as 'Klines'- I like to call them klinesman pliers. Jokes aside, I own a set of the side-cutting pliers personally, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world. I use them mostly when it comes to doing any kind of work on my welding machines or leads so they're pretty good all around. The price is well worth the value you'd get if this were only 3 pieces, but 5?! Plus, you can be confident that they're insulated enough to keep you protected (up to 1000v), as all the tools in this set are insulated to industry standards. With this much value in quality, there's no wonder Kline has earned so much respect from both pros and DIYers alike. Don’t believe me? Just look at what everyone else is saying about them!



Get yours here:








3) Estwing- 14oz BIG BLUE Welding Chipping Hammer / Slag Hammer





What do I think?


You'd be hard-pressed to find any professional craftsman that doesn’t know what an Estwing is. So it stands to reason why their products have been serving so many for so long, nearly 100 years! Though it’s not an easy one, my pick for the best tool by Estwing has absolutely got to be this BIG BLUE 14oz chipping hammer. I can't say enough about the quality. Its been able to hold up to everything I put it up to while still maintaining a nice edge. I've been welding for some time now, and I can say that you don’t truly realize how much easier a quality slag hammer makes things until you have one that can do the job like this one. Not to mention the vibration reduction of the handle is so significant, I feel a noticeable difference. This slag hammer is in my opinion the best slag hammer that money can buy, so I would certainly recommend experiencing the difference for yourself. You just may have found a new favorite.




Get yours here:







4) Fiskars- Norden Splitting Axe with Recycled Leather Holster




What do I think?


Fiskars is certainly one of the more universally known brands on the list. At it since 1649! They make everything from scissors to yard equipment, and they make one heck of a quality product. I knew little about their axes until pretty recently so I decided to check it out when I saw one at the local hardware store. Winner of the Red Dot Best of the Best 2019 award, the Norden axe doesn’t really look like any of their other ones, specifically because of the hickory wood handle. But it feels really nice and balanced in the hands and looks very nice aesthetically. They come in three different sizes, the 19"- N12, the 17"- N10, and the 14"- N7. The Norden also features advanced blade geometry for splitting efficiency and the grind on the head looks very well executed. A low-friction coating on part of the blade prevents the head from getting stuck, then the rest of the axe head is covered by an over-mold that extends down onto the shaft of the handle and seems to secure the axes head down quite nicely. All in all the Nordic Splitting Axe really surpassed my expectations, it looks and feels very premium and really seems to implement form into function. Trust me, if I lived somewhere that required the use of an ax for splitting firewood, this would be my go-to.



Get yours here:








5) Channellock- Tool Roll w/ 5 Piece Pliers Set





What do I think?


Channellock pliers have been around for ages, they're known for having seemingly perfected one of the handiest and widely used tools across virtually every trade, the tongue and groove plier. That’s why they're on this list, they’ve been an absolute staple in American craftsmanship ever since they arrived on the scene, hence the coining of Channellock. My Channellock pliers have gone for miles and seem to have many, many more left in them. This 5 piece set comes complete with a tool roll and is a great addition to any pro or DIYers tool stash. You’ve got not one, but two pairs of slip joint pliers, a needle nose plier, diagonal cutters, and a tongue and groove plier. This set is perfect for a new homeowner or the person who always has to fix it themselves. Channellock's reputation with quality and longevity should speak volumes about how much use you potentially get out of these, and their performance is top-tier for the price point as far as I'm concerned.




Get yours here:


Hot Posts: