I get commissions for purchases made through links on this site. Please see Site Policies & Disclosures Tools Tech & DIY: Where is Lowes Elusive New Kobalt 24 volt 2.5 in Cordless Band Saw?

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Where is Lowes Elusive New Kobalt 24 volt 2.5 in Cordless Band Saw?

Image from Lowes.com

-Lightweight, compact, and portable

-Brushless motor 

-2.5-In x 2.5-in cut capacity

-550 Surface feet per minute
  cut speed

-Aux side handle attaches 
  to the left or right side

-Integrated rafter hook

-LED-lit work area

  • Almost since the beginning, ever since Lowes revamped their cordless tools and released the Kobalt Brushless 24v-Max line back in 2016, I've been a fanboy. Their tools have always been more than sufficient for any job I've thrown at them. With their performance far exceeding their price point, it's no wonder how they've built such a reputation on value. Especially when you can get two big ol'  4.0Ah Kobalt batteries for right around 100 bucks, are these guys crazy? The answer is probably no but I still really dig their style. 

 Needless to say, I was pretty excited to see that Lowes was releasing a cordless band saw for the 24v- Max platform. So I waited.... and waited only to hear nothing about this tool aside from some pictures posted on Kobalt's official Facebook page, that is until I saw a post over on Reddit in r/KobaltTools about how "the Kobalt porta-band has reappeared". I laugh to myself thinking of how well this Reddit user captures this band saws fabled existence so perfectly in the title. But I'm curious, where the heck did this thing show itself, and more importantly, where did it disappear to in the first place? The post itself is a screenshot of a Kobalt 24 volt 2.5 in. Cordless Portable Band Saw with an all too familiar "Sorry! This item is currently out of stock " plastered across the bottom.

Image from @KobaltToolsOfficial

I will say that I'm not terribly surprised, but I was at least hoping for some sort of closure. So I scroll down the page and notice a user by the name of One4theshow comment stating that it will be out sometime in April 2022. Now, of course, a user on Reddit isn't an official source or anything, but he further goes on to state that he heard this via Facebook messenger simply by sending Kobalt's official Facebook page a message and asking when it will be released. This very well may be the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll try shooting @KobaltToolsOfficial a message and I'll keep this page updated with the latest.


Click to enlarge

UPDATE

Kobalt Tools answered me back and it seems early April is what they're aiming for. 

<-----Check it out 





Hot Posts: